Welcome to our Website!!
We are Katie & Pat Dougherty and we moved to New Bern, NC, from Long Island, NY, in July of 2013. We joined Keller Williams Realty - New Bern in December of 2013 and started working as a husband & wife team called Celebrate New Bern Homes. Having gone through the relocation process ourselves in 2013, we bring "fresh eyes" to the New Bern real estate market. We look at a house from the perspective of how it will appeal to a buyer:
- What is the curb appeal?
- What is the condition of the home?
- Is it a sound investment with value?
- Is it close to all amenities that a buyer will need and desire?
- Is there economic growth in the areas future?
- Are there avenues to pursue hobbies such as boating, fishing, golf, hiking, and cultural events for people of all ages?
- Is it a good place to live?
These were the questions that we asked ourselves about New Bern before we settled in and bought our own home in the Greenbrier subdivision. This process and knowledge enables us to represent the best intent of both our seller and buyer clients.
In the late fall of 2017, Pat was appointed to the City of New Bern's Planning and Zoning Board!
The newest member of our team is Jessica Collins. She joined Celebrate New Bern Homes on May 9, 2016, exactly two years after she and her husband purchased their First Home! You guessed it...we were her agents and she was our first "buyer" client in New Bern. As our Administrative Assistant and Contract to Closing Coordinator, Jessica has rapidly become a valued and integral part of the Celebrate New Bern Homes team! She also received her NC Real Estate license in March of 2017!
For our sellers:
- It helps us to council you on the correct listing price in order to market your home successfully and to sell it quickly. We use the latest "cutting edge" technology for advertising and marketing your home! We utilize all of the social media tools available (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pintrest, Blogger, etc) to get your home under contract quickly. Homes we have listed have consistently sold in far fewer days than the average days on the market for our local board of Realtors.
- Oftentimes buyers don't visualize living in your home the way you do. We can make your home attractive to its ideal audience - which can help you get top dollar. Things like staging the home, making repairs or minor improvements, or even simply painting the walls can be the difference between a home resting on the market and one that's sold fast.
- When it's time to move, you need someone who will advertise your home, show to prospective buyers, negotiate the purchase contract, arrange financing, oversee the inspections, handle all necessary paperwork and supervise the closing. Our goal is to make the selling of your home a stress free experience from the listing through the closing date and beyond!
For our Buyers:
- These questions allow us to "hone in" immediately on your "perfect" home. You need someone who knows this area inside and out! We can work with you to find the right home at the right price for you, including all the neighborhood amenities that matter - not to mention the essential criteria you have for your ideal home!
As agents who are experts in this local area, we bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise about buying and selling real estate here. It's not the same everywhere, so you need someone you can trust for up-to-date information. We are eager to serve you.
WHEN YOU HIRE CELEBRATE NEW BERN HOMES YOU GET "TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE". WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WILL ALWAYS BE HONEST AND UP FRONT WITH OUR CLIENTS!!
Download our Mobile App
New Bern Chamber of Commerce Website
Visit New Bern Website
Pat & Katie Dougherty welcomed us to New Bern as if we were friends, not client. They answered all of our inquiring questions and to infinite detail. They wanted to be sure that we understood all aspects of the housing issue. We would strongly recommend them to any new clients.
-Thomas & Margaret P., Client
Being 7 or so hours away was challenging. Pat and Katie kept me informed of what was happening and when it was going to happen. Although we never met, I cannot imagine having a better team on my side.
-Patricia K., Client
Katie, Pat & Jessica provided guidance & made the whole process very easy.
-Rita M., Client
Katie & Pat have gone above and beyond to make sure we sold our property!!! They have stayed in contact with us and gave us their expert advice on the price of the house and what it will take to sell it. We will always be grateful to them for helping us sell our house! Thanks so much!!
-Chris & Kate G., Client
Thanks for everything!!
-Daniel & Kim D., Client
1222 Mona Passage Court, New Bern, NC 28560
107 Bowline Road, New Bern, NC 28562 - SOLD!
In today's competitive market, you need a passionate, local advisor that can help you navigate the home buying and selling process. As a valued client, you'll receive:
• Local market knowledge
• Access to industry-leading real estate tools to determine your homes value or customize your home search
• A proven negotiator who will be with you every step of the way
• A trusted and knowledgeable partner through closing and beyond