In today's competitive market, you need passionate, local advisors that can help you navigate the home buying and selling process. As a valued client, you'll receive:
• Local market knowledge
• Access to industry-leading real estate tools to determine your homes value or customize your home search
• Proven negotiators who will be with you every step of the way
• Trusted and knowledgeable partners through closing and beyond
Welcome to our Website!!
We are Katie & Pat Dougherty and we moved to New Bern, NC, from Long Island, NY, in July of 2013. We started our real estate career in December of 2013 and began working as a husband & wife team called Celebrate New Bern Homes. Having gone through the relocation process ourselves in 2013, we bring "fresh eyes" to the New Bern real estate market. We look at a house from the perspective of how it will appeal to a buyer:
- What is the curb appeal?
- What is the condition of the home?
- Is it a sound investment with value?
- Is it close to all amenities that a buyer will need and desire?
- Is there economic growth in the areas future?
- Are there avenues to pursue hobbies such as boating, fishing, golf, hiking, and cultural events for people of all ages?
- Is it a good place to live?
These were the questions that we asked ourselves about New Bern before we settled in and bought our own home in the Greenbrier subdivision. This process and knowledge enables us to represent the best interest of both our seller and buyer clients.
What we will do for you!!
For our sellers:
- It helps us to council you on the correct listing price in order to market your home successfully and to sell it quickly. We use the latest "cutting edge" technology for advertising and marketing your home! We utilize all of the social media tools available (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Blogger, etc) to get your home under contract quickly. Homes we have listed have consistently sold in far fewer days than the average days on the market for our local board of Realtors.
- Oftentimes buyers don't visualize living in your home the way you do. We can make your home attractive to its ideal audience - which can help you get top dollar. Things like staging the home, making repairs or minor improvements, or even simply painting the walls can be the difference between a home resting on the market and one that's sold fast.
- When it's time to move, you need someone who will advertise your home, show to prospective buyers, negotiate the purchase contract, arrange financing, oversee the inspections, handle all necessary paperwork and supervise the closing. Our goal is to make the selling of your home a stress free experience from the listing through the closing date and beyond!
For our Buyers:
- These questions allow us to "hone in" immediately on your "perfect" home. You need someone who knows this area inside and out! We can work with you to find the right home at the right price for you, including all the neighborhood amenities that matter - not to mention the essential criteria you have for your ideal home!
About our Team!
Katie is a graduate of Manhattan College with a BS degree in Finance. She worked as a SAP Business Analyst in the IT department of CA, Inc. and then at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City. She is also an accomplished trumpeter and the "technical" driving force behind Celebrate New Bern Homes' business.
Pat was a successful classical musician in New York City for over 35 years. He played trumpet with New York's finest ensembles, toured, and recorded throughout North America and abroad. He was a music professor at Adelphi University for over 20 years and also taught at Queens College, Stony Brook University, and Suffolk County Community College. He also ran his own music business on Long Island. His family was in the real estate business along the South Shore of Long Island therefore he was immersed in the inner workings of real estate for over 20 years at the hands of his brother and sister.
We have been members of the New Bern Area Chamber of Commerce since 2014. In the late fall of 2017, Pat was appointed to the City of New Bern's Planning and Zoning Board and served for two terms (6 years total). In 2022, Katie became a member of the Grievance Committee for the Neuse River Region Board of Realtors®. We volunteer at the New Bern High School Music Department giving master classes to the trumpet students of the New Bern High School Band. We are donors and volunteer our time participating in the opening ceremony playing Taps in echo for the annual Folds of Honor Foundation Patriot Golf Day at the Emerald Golf Club, which raises money to provide educational scholarships to the families of fallen and disabled service members and first responders.
We still play concerts together in New Bern with our brass ensemble Celebrations Brass. In our spare time we enjoy sailing, watching movies, driving our vintage sports car on the back roads of North Carolina, and getting together with friends! Below is a photo of our music studio at our home in Greenbrier!
Jessica Collins joined Celebrate New Bern Homes on May 9, 2016, exactly two years after she purchased her First Home! You guessed it...we were her agents and she was our first "buyer" client in New Bern. As our Administrative Assistant and Contract to Closing Coordinator, Jessica is a valued and integral part of the Celebrate New Bern Homes team! She received her NC Real Estate Brokers license in March of 2017. Born in Igersheim, Germany, she became a US Citizen in August of 2019! Below you will find a photo of Katie, Jessica, & Pat in Raleigh, NC right after the swearing in ceremony and her taking the Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America. A proud day for all three of us!
As agents who are experts in this local area, we bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise about buying and selling real estate here. It's not the same everywhere, so you need someone you can trust for up-to-date information and we are eager to serve you.
WHEN YOU HIRE CELEBRATE NEW BERN HOMES YOU GET "THREE FOR THE PRICE OF ONE". WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WILL ALWAYS BE HONEST AND UP FRONT WITH OUR CLIENTS!!
New Bern Chamber of Commerce Website
Visit New Bern Website
Jessica is extremely efficient, knowledgeable and precise. She kept everyone on track throughout the process. Pat & Katie are very supportive and know how to effectively represent their clients.
-John & Renee B., Client
Pat and Katie, in every step of the way, have gone above the call of buying in NC. They have and continue to "look out" for us, in the selling of our PA home. Within our history of buying and selling homes, we have never experienced the thoroughness, care, kindness we received; and continue to receive. Just absolutely incredible people to work with and have as our new …
-Joseph F & Susan B., Client
Outstanding in every way. Could not have had better service! After years of No Sale, finally got place shown and sold! Thanks to their hard work, it was a real pleasure to deal with Pat & Katie.
-Dallas & Betty H., Client
Katie & Pat worked with my husband and I for almost 18 months. We contacted them shortly after my Mom's death in 12/2017. My husband pulled one of their contact sheets from a listed property. They were extremely professional, most importantly, they were patient - as they had to wait out my emotional process of dealing with the loss of my Mom. They directed me on preparing …
-Don L. & Barbara C., Client
Katie & Pat eventually sold our home after 3 other Realtors couldn't do so. Also, they arranged a last minute maneuver to "seal the deal" when it appeared the deal might fall. Thank you!
-Warren & Carol W., Client