DeGraffenried Park Historic District
DeGraffenried Park Historic District is one of New Bern's four Historic Districts and was named after Baron Christopher von DeGraffenried. The Swiss Baron led a group of Swiss and German settlers to the area in 1710 and is credited with the founding of New Bern. DeGraffenried Park was platted in 1926 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2006. Noted for its beautiful Colonial Revival homes DeGreffenried borders New Bern's Fort Totten Park and is about one mile to Tryon Palace and the Historic Downtown New Bern waterfront.